Monday, July 18, 2011

Regency Gaming Night

This weekend Gwendolyn and I drove up to Fredericksburg to attend a Regency gaming night at Jenny's (JennylaFleur).  It was a great deal of fun!  We had a small photo session outside before beginning.  There was Cribbage, Whist, and Speculation.  We found our way to the table with Speculation, but I must admit our table eventually dissolved into good conversation.
I wore my 1809 Muslin gown.  I rag curled my hair, then used a curling iron to fix up the front portion, wrapped a ribbon around it and pinned a large gold brooch in it.  I wore cameos for jewelry.  I was one of the least sparkly people there, but I'll make up for it at the August event with the 1790s gown!












Photo courtesy of JennylaFleur

3 comments:

Maggie said...

It was really nice to finally meet you - I've followed your blog for a while and love your work! I loved some of the pics you got of my costume - hope you don't mind if I pinch them! :-)

Lindsey said...

Looks like a wonderful evening! So many beautiful dresses!

Olympe de la Tour D'Auvergne said...

It looks like a lot of fun, thanks for posting all of the photos!